The Truth Experience helped create me. I didn't necessarily create it. I found it waiting on me when I tapped into my own Ground Truth.
The Back Story…
For most of my professional life, I was engaged in climbing the corporate ladder. It was rewarding… and stressful. To fuel the over-working and under-sleeping, I over-ate and under-moved. I cycled through pant sizes until, finally, one day I stabilized at a size “unhealthy.”
It was my truth, as I knew it, until it obviously wasn’t.
Giving up Xanex and donuts, I began to listen, really listen, to my body’s internal messages and my Truth Experience was born. I began to notice what was real for me emerge through the fog and I found myself standing on my own Ground Truth.
- The company I helped build no longer felt safe.
- The corner office began to feel confining rather than empowering.
- My work there, while rewarding in the past, felt complete.
- More importantly, I simply did not feel good.
- And something was calling me home. Even though I wasn't quite sure where home was.
Instead of picking back up the pill bottle and pizza, I paid attention and focused on what did feel good. I didn't know whether I wanted to be a coach or if I just needed one, but this led me to life coach training. During this experience, I took back my life, kept what was working and reinvented the pieces that were not.
After twenty-plus years in the business world, I left the hamster wheel and pitched a tent on Ground Truth.
The Truth Experience is my home and my calling. I am here to help you:
- Ground in truth
- Heal the past
- Regain your health
- Hear your calling and
- Find the courage (and get the tools) to act upon it.
It is a healing adventure for our whole being, not just our weight, as the weight itself is never the issue. The principles are rooted in compassion, proven coaching methods, and my belief that anything is possible when you connect with your higher power and root into your Truth.
"Jennifer Voss is a delightful coach who will make you lighter, in every sense of the word. She specializes in helping people live healthy lifestyles, starting with the way they think. Because her methods go so deep, they'll lead you out of the frustrating loop of commitment and collapse, and into a lifestyle that keeps your mind and body working the way they should - effortlessly."
~ Martha Beck, Ph.D ~ Monthly columnist for O, The Oprah Magazine.
The official bio just in case it matters:
Currently, I live in Knoxville, TN with my family, fish and dog. My husband, John, and I have a 14-year old daughter, Alex, and a 10-year old son, Zach. When we aren’t working or doing homework, we’re either tending to the endless pile of laundry or ignoring it to do something more fun. (There are some things that can be ignored while still being grounded in truth!)
I am now also:
- My own Chief Truth Officer and a proud occupant of my own body, which, if you are curious, is 33 pounds lighter than when I began this Experience in 2008
- A Life Coach Training Instructor for Martha Beck, Inc.
- A Certified Coach Training and Learning Junkie
|Master Certified Life Coach Trained and further grounded in truth by Dr. Martha Beck, Ph.D|
|Weight Coach Certified by Brooke Castillo|
|Career Invention Coach Certified by Pam Slim and Michele Woodward|
|Graphic Coach Certified by Christina Merkley|
|Equus Coach Program Completed with Koelle Simpson|
Then (and still now... as you never really lose the lessons learned during past chapters of life):
- Share holder and VP of a national magazine and book wholesale company
- Co-owned, operated and then sold a regional magazine & book wholesale company
- Co-owner of The Book Cellar, an independent book store
- Master of Business Administration – University of Alabama
- BA in Liberal Arts, specializing in Marketing – Rhodes College.
I am also now touched that you read this far. Thank you!
If you are interested in hearing more, I invite you to sign up for the eTruth Newsletter in the box to the left.
I also invite you to click >> here << to read about how we can start working together.